Sunday, March 27, 2011

His Last Day


A lump formed in my throat as the Primary sang Happy Birthday to Everett. I tried to resist the tears, but I was overcome with emotion. Today was Everett's last day in Primary.  He will be 12 years old tomorrow. I asked him if he had any last words to say about Primary.

"I'm glad I'm finally out."

They all are at that age.

Still, it saddens me that he is growing up so fast. I distinctly remember his first day of Primary. He had the curliest red hair. I had a fleeting thought that he would be 12 before I knew it.  I am thankful that I was there to see him stand in front of the Primary for the last time. I love that he blushed as the Primary president acknowledged him. He stood there with that sly little smile of his. He was absolutely adorable.

I can't believe that he is now a young man.



3 comments:

Nikki said...

happy birthday, everett! ♥

Quincy Sorensen said...

Twelve! It is hard to believe that the original Boyfriend is now a young man! Yet when I look at him, I truly can believe it. Love you, Everett! I'm looking forward to the birthday festivities post. I hope he gets to buy his heart's desire soon. :)

Meredith said...

Oh my goodness, Everett's "I'm glad to be out" is classic!! Happy Birthday Bobby - we have been thinking about you a lot with Caroline Starting softball. She played catcher one inning in her first game. We love you and are so thrilled with your example of what an amazing 12 year old boy can be!