Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Good-bye June


Where did the month of June go? I always hope these lazy days won't go by too fast, and they always seem to slip away. We have been very busy doing absolutely nothing.  I believe that's how it should be in the summertime. Everyday we wake up, and we plan our day around having fun. This month we celebrated Father's Day and Brad's birthday. Kayleigh and Everett enjoyed a trip to Charleston, SC with my parents, and Kayleigh went to Especially for Youth for the first time. This was a life changing experience for her, and we have enjoyed hearing how wonderful it was for her.

Cozette said something very sweet recently. We were leaving to go over to my parents to have dinner with them. Brad asked me a question, and I answered, "I don't know, love." Cozette was sitting on the kitchen floor by Everett, and she reached out to hold his arm, so she could lean and whisper into his ear,  "Everett, Mommy calls Daddy love, because they love each other!"

And she also said something very funny. She asked me if she could have a yogurt. I told her to go get one, so she opened the refrigerator and stood there for a few seconds. "Um, Mommy, there are no vanilla yogurts!" I told her how sorry I was that I forgot to buy her new favorite flavor. So, she looked at me, put her little hands on her hips, and said very seriously, "Mommy, I am so embarrassed that you did not buy me any vanilla yogurts!"  I tried not to laugh. All I managed to say was that I was so very sorry that I had embarrassed her!

I love it when children misuse their words.













1 comment:

Quincy Sorensen said...

Dear Sister,

You have the cutest family of auburn-haired children. Cozette's hair is a thing of glory, as is her big sister's. Everett is a most handsome young man. Each child glows with their kind and happy personality.

And YOU, you! are their beautiful mother (and skinny, too!). Brad's not bad, either.

Love,

Aunt Q