Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Picture a Christmas

Cozette is doing ASL to Away in a Manger.


Every day I have the privilege of working with children. I ponder the words of our Savior, "Suffer the little children, for such is the kingdom of heaven." These children love me unconditionally. I love teaching music to them. Children say the sweetest things. One of my little girls told me during the middle of our rehearsal that she was hungry. I told her we had just a few more songs to practice. At the end of our practice, she raised her hand and asked, "Ms. Jeannie, can I be hungry now?"  Children are kind, generous, forgiving, innocent, and trusting. No wonder He told us to be like them.

The theme for the Pre-k Christmas program was "Picture a Christmas." Each child had a speaking part. They were darling. They sang a variety of different Christmas carols including two from the LDS church, a Jamaican Christmas carol, Fum Fum Fum, Milton, the Dancing Christmas Mouse, which was their favorite, and a few others. We concluded with We Wish You a Merry Christmas. The children always laughed when they sang the words, "figgy pudding." They made such a big deal about the words, that it made me question what figgy pudding is. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that it is actually a type of bread pudding that is more like spice cake!



Cozette spoke her lines like she was a professional.
"And she brought forth her first born son, and wrapped Him in swaddling clothes,
and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for Him in the inn."







 

2 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

Oh my, Cozette is the most beautiful child! What sweet lines to share! I am glad to see your chapel and have a mental picture for your performances. You do such a special job, Sister!

goldapaints said...

Beautiful Cozette and her beautiful mother! Great job, Jeannie.