Thursday, November 19, 2009

One Step at a Time

There are some things that need to be mentioned. I would like to share that I ran a mile tonight for the first time in 20 years. The last time I ran was at BYU in the Spring of 1990.

This was not an easy task for me to accomplish.

You see, I am not into exercising.

I have been preparing by walking three miles at the park since early last summer. The first time I walked with my sister, I could barely keep up, and I knew that I was going to faint as I practically crawled up some of those hills.

But I kept at it.

Then there were weeks at a time when I did not go walking.

Getting back into the habit of walking is not easy.

One day I attempted to run.

It was not very far but it was a start.

Then I became strong enough to run up those monster hills.

And I noticed my endurance was lasting longer and longer.

Friends motivated me to run with them at the track.

I love tracks.

It's easy for me to measure my distance.

I was able to run one time around the track. (Three times around is a mile).

Then two times.

And tonight a mile.

I did it one step at a time.

It feels great!


3 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

Wahoo! A mile is FANTASTIC! Hooray! I bet you feel super. I can't wait to run with you! (I hope I can keep up!)

Meredith said...

So proud of you!!!!! Although I already knew this little tidbit this morning I am so excited for you, for the both of us - maybe Christmas at Shirley's won't make us fat if we run every day!

DCAja said...

https://www.butcherbarny.us/2020/11/pinjaman-online-renovasi-rumah.html