Sunday, February 26, 2012

I Hope They Call Me on a Mission


I hope they call me on a mission, 
when I have grown a foot or two,
I want to be a missionary, 
to preach, and teach, and work
 as missionaries do!

My dad recently joked that he hasn't grown an inch in about 50 years! This is a joyful time for our family. My parents have been called to serve as missionaries in the Manhattan, New York Temple. They will report to the Missionary Training center in Provo, Utah on April 2nd.

It will be hard to imagine life without them for a year and a half. My parents live about three minutes from me. I haven't been separated from them since my own mission, which was almost 22 years ago.

Mom and Dad have never been so excited. It has been a life long dream of theirs to serve. We already call them Elder Parrott and Sister Parrott for fun. My dad is a convert to the church. He commented that having the title of "Elder Parrott" is the culminating event of his life.

I am thrilled for this opportunity they have to serve.

Truly, this will be a labor of love.


 

2 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Kipper Family said...

I am so excited for them! They are going to be great!!!