Friday, May 11, 2012

Watch Out World



A few weeks before Kayleigh turned 15, (which was October 8) she non-nonchalantly made the comment, "Oh, I'm so gonna' crash when I get my permit." I went into shock as I envisioned her crashing my new van. So, we waited a few months before we let her get it.

Actually, it was almost seven months.

I wish I had her on video at the DMV. The nice lady told her to pose for her identification photo. Kayleigh literally put her hand on her hip, tilted her head, and smiled as if she was posing for a New York photo shoot. A minute later when the picture was processed, the lady told Kayleigh that she was going to have to pose again. It was all she could do not to laugh out loud in front of Kayleigh. I told Kayleigh to be more serious. When the second photo was processed, Kayleigh looked at it, and reacted with fright. She looked at me like I had all of the authority in the world, and exclaimed, "Oh, mom, you have to tell them to take my picture over again!"

My eyes made contact with the nice lady, and we both laughed. I explained to Kayleigh that I could not make that decision, but after looking at the picture again, Kayleigh decided it was an acceptable picture. It actually looks fantastic for a license.

Then Kayleigh left to go take her test. I have to admit that I was nervous. Cozette was my little spy, and she would quietly walk around the corner to peek in the room where Kayleigh was taking the test. She did this twice and reported both times that, "Kayleigh was taking forever!"

We were thrilled when Kayleigh came out with a big smile on her face!

We celebrated the happy day by going to Parkside Bakery afterward for double-doozie chocolate chip cookies. This is a fun bakery where you can write with chalk on the tables.

I have only been in the car once with Kayleigh. She drove me around the block in Nikki's neighborhood. She did okay, but for now once is enough.

 I leave the training to Brad!







 

1 comment:

Quincy Sorensen said...

OH my lands, these are cute pictures! Way to go, Kayleigh! I can't wait to drive with you! (But promise me we won't crash.)