Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Off to Kinder"garden"




Cozette and I have been anticipating graduation day for weeks now. She woke up this morning giddy with excitement about the ceremony. She knows all of the songs, she sings them constantly while we are driving. This was an exciting day for both of us, as I have been planning and preparing for weeks to present the program and concert to the school. The teachers were so kind in assisting and helping me carry out this day. Our theme for the year was, Off to Kinder"garden." It was  spring themed, and the classes worked diligently to add their art work to our garden. They also created graduation construction paper self portraits. This was a big hit among the parents.

We sang a variety of songs for this year's concert. As always, I incorporated ASL, and the children looked like angels as they signed to Love One Another. We recently had a music unit where we listened to music from around the world.We learned a Jewish song titled "Shabbat Shalom," which interpreted means welcome sabbath. We even had a grand finale this year. The children's favorite song is "Milton, the Dancing Christmas Mouse," which was performed at Christmastime. They ask me weekly if they can sing it, so I agreed to let them sing it a their graduation.

For the rest of our lives, we will remember this day. It is the day that Cozette was struck with stage fright and did not sing. Not. One. Word. I was devastated. She told me afterward that,"All those people were staring at me." I guess it was too much. I need to mention that she did not sing on Mother's Day either.

We also presented a slide show of each child answering questions. One of the questions Cozette was asked,"What does it mean to be a good friend?" She answered by saying, "If I am playing with a toy someone wants, give it to them." One of my classes was asked, "If Jesus came to your house, what would you do with Him?" One boy answered, "I would wash His feet." The favorite answer was by another little boy who said he would play, "Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots with Him."



Proudly marching in to Pomp and Circumstance.




Miss Cozette Simpson is in the middle.


 A small glimpse of her demeanor on stage.
She was just about to receive her diploma.


Cozette quickly recovered afterward when she saw her Daddy.
Kayleigh came to school with me today.
I introduced her to all of my classes, and the children fell in love with her.


The little graduate.



Cozette's teachers Ms. Angie and Ms. Venice. 
We love these ladies.

Cozette's pre-k class waiting to go into the sanctuary.


It does pain me to say that Cozette is now officially off to Kindergarten!


 

3 comments:

goldapaints said...

Jeannie, I am so proud of you! What a wonderfully inspired program you and the children presented. You have your own ministry which blesses so many little lives. "Miss Jeannie" is a grand title to have.

Quincy Sorensen said...

OH MY LANDS! That adorable child! I love the picture of her without the smile. Toooo cute! I love the Pomp and Circumstance. Your preschool is so much like ours. Way to go, Sister! I am proud of you AND Cozetti!

Unknown said...

So Legislative and inspired information. Keep updating like this few more with your post.
Please visit on these keywords also :-- newborn clothing | infant clothing