Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It's an Honor

Posing for me at his Christmas concert


Earlier today, I had a lovely conversation with Quincy. We talked about important things like how happy we are that she is getting past the nausea stage of her pregnancy, our excitement over Kirk being mentioned on Design Mom's blog, and the importance of prioritizing the way we spend our time.

Do I budget my time the way I should?

Why does it give so much pleasure to say "how busy we are?"

Does this make us feel more important?

I have been pondering these questions all day.

I don't have any answers.

But, I do have some news.

Mr. Baseball came home from school and announced that he was was selected to sing in the 5th Grade Honors Chorus for our county.

This is a really big deal.

I need to go call Quincy again, so I can tell her Everett's fantastic news.

Plus, I forgot to ask what they're having for dinner tonight.


4 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

Would you like me less if I told you I had more sushi?

We are SO PROUD of Everett! He can sing me Happy Birthday anytime! Love that boy!

Nikki said...

Sushi? What's this about sushi? Yay! for Everett! I am so proud of him; he's such a well-rounded young man. ♥

goldapaints said...

Tell Everett that Mommom and Papa are so proud of him, and that we're looking forward to his choral performance.

Meredith said...

We are so proud of Bobby and all his talents - I wish he would have performed at the family talent show New Year's Eve!! I still wonder what his theme music will be when the announcer calls Everett "Bobby" Simpson to the plate!