Monday, January 4, 2010

Gifts


Every year I secretly admit that I am more excited for Christmas morning than my children. The old adage states, it is better to give than receive.

It truly is.

One day they will understand the meaning of these words.

The magic of Christmas morning brings joy to a parent. We plan and prepare to give gifts that will bring happiness to our children. Some gifts given have been requested and others because there is a need for it. The best gifts come to them as a delightful surprise.

Giving to my children this year prompted me to reflect on the gifts I have received from my Father in Heaven. He has freely given the gifts that I have requested and others have come to me as a surprise. Many have been given when I needed them most. I have received His choicest gifts.

My children were so gracious as they opened their Christmas presents. They expressed thank you over and over. They smothered us with hugs and kisses. Their expressions of joy are etched into my memory.

Have I been a gracious recipient of my gifts?

I will spend the next year showing my Heavenly Father that I am worthy of what He has freely bestowed. I will give generously to Him by striving to be more like His son.

This is my resolution.

And my life's goal.




I wish that I had snapped a picture of Kayleigh's and Everett's expression when they thought Santa had not left them any presents.

Oh, they were so sad.

They looked at each other and they looked at me.

"Maybe it's in the family room." Everett said to Kayleigh who was completely puzzled.

She looked to me with questioning eyes.

I shrugged my shoulders.

They stood there almost panicked.

I couldn't stand it any longer.

"Oh, what is that under the tree?" I innocently asked them.

Their eyes got really big.

There were three boxes wrapped in special paper just waiting to be opened.

Santa pulled a fast one this year.

I do love a good surprise!






Brad looks so yucky in his Under Armour!

"Life is God's gift to man.
What we do with our life is our gift to God."

~President Harold B. Lee


p.s. Thanks to a little elf with red hair, Brad gave me a lovely pink stop watch with some pretty fantastic features.

2 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

I always love . . . Cozette's morning hair, how you tie together things in your posts, pictures of your kids (and Brad), and I look forward to your post about your trip!

Meredith said...

I love seeing your Christmas morning! Santa DID pull a fast one and I know you will all be enjoying the Wii forever!