Sunday, August 31, 2008

Pahtay "Hot"tay !



Decorating the birthday table was my one accomplishment on Friday.


Literally. As I was preparing for Cozette's birthday party on Friday morning, with much anticipation for Bill and Shirley to arrive, I noticed that I was getting uncomfortably hot. I checked the thermostat to turn the air down and was panicked to see that my air conditioning was not working. I called Brad as quickly as I could thinking he could come home and fix it but it was to no avail. The air conditioning was BROKEN! We had to make several phone calls before we could find a technician that was available. After a very long, hot, miserable, sweltering day, the technician sadly informed us that we needed a new motor for our fan. We had to wait until the next morning before the air would be repaired. So, Cozette's first birthday party had to be cancelled due to a very hot house.

Are we having fun yet?

I am beginning to think we are jinxed. We can usually count on some sort of incident when Bill and Shirley come to visit. This is starting to become a family joke between us all. We did, however, enjoy a wonderful and relaxing dinner at Chili's that evening. Well, atleast I did. As you can see, Brad, Bill, and Shirley minded Cozette while I peacefully ate my dinner and took pictures of them struggling with her! Cozette greeted Grandma and Grandpa like they were her two best friends. We were truly delighted at how much she loved to be with them. The big adventure for the evening was getting to go stay at the hotel with Bill and Shirley. This was just heavenly for Kayleigh and Everett who both said, "It was worth getting all hot since we got to go stay at the hotel!"


Cozette modeling her birthday hat.

Let's get the party started! On Saturday we finally celebrated Cozette's 1st birthday. Grandma and Grandpa gave her the cutest little penguin toy and a ball popper that Everett especially likes to play with. It really was a very special weekend being with Bill and Shirley in spite of the air conditioning drama.


Happy Birthday Cozette!

5 comments:

Mary-Faith said...

Oh she looks so adorable! I hope she had an awesome b-day!

Meredith said...

Happy birthday, little Cozette, who happens to look just like Everett's mini-me! How long until Everett works his magic on the ball popper?!?!? I am SOOO SORRY about your A/C - luckily our last repair was easy but we have had our fair share of HVAC issues and it is no fun...it gets dang expensive! But, make lemonade out of lemons, right? And i have to ask - is your family room always so neat and put together? Mine usually looks like Hurricane Gruesome Twosome has blown thru!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sister! I LOVE the party pictures of Cozette. She looks so big (even if she is little) and so kissable. I am counting down until we all get to see each other.

Quincy Sorensen said...

Sorry about leaving a comment as Kirk. I feel so new at this!

Nikki said...

Cozette looks so cute in all these pics. And your family room looks absolutely magical! P.S. I just tried calling--why didn't you answer?