Friday, February 13, 2009

For He's a Jolly Good Fellow

Happy Birthday to the King.


Which nobody can deny! It sure is nice having a "folly good jellow" for my Dad. I was speaking with Kayleigh and Everett today about our favorite memories with Dad and why we love him so much.

"I just cannot think of a time when Papa was in a bad mood or isn't happy," Kayleigh lovingly spoke of him.

For that matter, neither can I.

From my earliest memories, Dad came home with a smile on his face, ready to love and help Mom. He's always eager to selflessly give of his time for us. He serves quietly and expects nothing in return. He has a quick wit and makes me laugh so hard that I actually snort. He's the king of pranks. I still delight at the thought of scaring him. When life is hard, his shoulder dries my tears. His Christ like example inspires me to be a better woman. I have been blessed with the best Dad in the world.

"I will give you up to half of my kingdom," he has lovingly decreed to us.

Somehow, when I think of all that he has done for me, it feels like he has given more.


Happy Birthday Dad!
I love you.


P.S. Consider yourself warned: April Fool's is fast approaching...

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Meredith said...

Happy Birthday!!! Orrin is such a good man and I feel privileges to know him. I would be another daughter of his any day!!!! You are all lucky to have him.