Thursday, October 22, 2009

Faster Than a Speeding Bullet


It's a bird. It's a plane. No. It's Mr. Baseball!

Baseball season has finally come to an end. We have received so much rain that we actually had to schedule make-up games for the make-up games. Everett's little team struggled this year. The Coach and I secretly called them the "Bad News Bears." Everett was the third youngest player in the entire league. It was rewarding to see him excel in the sport and hold his own against the boys who were bigger than him.

There was one particular pitcher that we will always remember. He was a big boy. He looked like a miniature Babe Ruth. We spoke to his mother once to tell her how impressed we were. She told us that she called him her "little Babe." The most intimidating thing about Babe Ruth was the speed of his pitches. I did not know that a boy could pitch so fast. At the beginning of the season, he struck Everett out-- but even Everett appreciated his pitching skill.

We played Babe's team for a tournament game at the end of the season. Even though our Bulldogs lost the game, we were just excited that Everett hit a single off of Babe Ruth. It was a great accomplishment.

Everett told us recently that he wants to play at BYU. I told him to keep playing and to make good grades and he just might land himself a position!

It really would not surprise me.



The cheering committee!


I want to tell Kayleigh how thankful I am that she helped so much with Cozette. She is always willing to help me. We had lots of games at night in the freezing cold. I'm not sure what I would have done with out her!


We are already looking forward to Spring ball!


4 comments:

Meredith said...

I am so thrilled with his baseball talent and what a great experience to have Brad as coach. I love that picture of Brad going out to talk about a bad call. I can't imagine Brad being the manager screaming in the face of an umpire...he is too mild for that!

Quincy Sorensen said...

I can just feel the intensity in Brad's walk. It is fun to see it, since he is so laid-back. The cheering committee is mighty pretty. Way to go, Everett!

Natalie said...

Oh, what a fun thought that Mr. Baseball would play for BYU! And I agree, what a beautiful cheering committee

Betsy Baugh said...

What a great memory for Everett that his Dad was his coach. I know that you enjoy the sport, but taking a break is always a good thing, too. So, enjoy, it seems like "spring" ball starts mid-winter :0)