Monday, October 19, 2009

Thrills and Chills


Highlights of our day at Six Flags:


It started to rain on our way to Six flags. We were devastated. We have been planning this trip for months and already had to postpone once due to the rain. I offered the most heart felt prayer asking that we would be spared for the sake of the children. We discussed as a family that we needed to sincerely pray and have positive thoughts. Nikki had faith and said it was not going to rain on us. Mommom called us about 45 minutes after arrived at the park telling us that it was pouring down rain at home.

It rained all day.

But not at Six Flags.

We acknowledged that our prayers were answered.

It's wonderful to see your children understand that Heavenly Father is aware of us even in the smallest of things.

We rode the Scorcher three times and Goliath three times.

Goliath is not for chickens.

That's all I can say about that one.

Except if I had one wish it would be for me to ride that monster with Mommom. Nikki and I told her that we would pay for her ticket and for her food if she would agree to ride it!

We also rode the Mind Bender, Great American Scream Machine, Batman, and Superman.

The Cyclone and Ninja were closed for the day.

I didn't do it. I did not ride Acrophobia.

Neither did Kayleigh.

Just call us chickens.

While standing in line for one of the roller coasters, we overheard a man say to his child,"There's no crying at Six Flags."

It struck me particularly funny-- probably because I really wanted to cry on several of those rides.




This conversation really occurred:

A very southern man started talking to us while we were standing in line for Acrophobia. I will call him Bubba. Brad was not with us. He was man enough to admit from the beginning that he was not going ride it. It was at the last minute that Kayleigh and I chickened out.

A little background information:
Nikki and I were discussing the last time we rode Acrophobia about 11 years ago. There was a technical difficulty and we were suspended 17 stories in the air with our seats tilted so our heads faced the ground for an undetermined amount of time. I think it was for about four minutes. It seemed like eternity.

Obviously, I still haven't recovered.

I believe Bubba was listening to us.


Bubba
: So, y'all don't come to Six Flags very often?

Me: No. It has been a long time since we were last here.

Bubba: Where y'all from?

Nikki: We live a little North of here.

Bubba
: Y'all from up North?

Nikki: Well, north of Atlanta.

Bubba: Oh man! Y'all sound like y'all are Yankees!

I almost fainted.

Me: Sir, we have lived here our entire life. I have to say I'm a little offended.

We are started laughing.

But we really were offended!



Mr. Six Flags himself!



A favorite quote of the day:


"Jeannie has roller coaster hair."


~Nikki Parrott~




I need to mention that Brad did not wear a jacket. We usually go to Six flags in the summertime. It's miserable standing in line for hours in the sweltering sun. It was a real treat to go when it was cooler. However, we were not expecting it to be SO cold.

Nikki said if it were any colder it would have snowed, which I am inclined to believe.

Especially since it was raining all over Atlanta on Saturday.

Please notice the Superman tie Everett is wearing in the above collage. He won it by busting a plate with a baseball. We were really grateful for that tie because Brad wore it as a scarf that night when it was so frigid! It was quite the sight.



Good bye Six Flags.

Kayleigh and Everett said going to Six Flags in the Fall will be our new family tradition.

Sounds good to me!

2 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

It a TRUE FACT: I have the most BEAUTIFUL sisters! This is a very delightful post. I know you had fun . . . but I think you would have had more fun if I had been there. (Brad looks cold to me!) Best of all, I am so happy for Kayleigh that her birthday gift worked out so perfectly.

Meredith said...

Oh, I wish we could have been there with you! What an adventure! I have been stuck on a roller coaster before and had to be rescued by the fire department - with a ladder truck. Not at 17 stories but it was scary nonetheless. It looks down right freezing and Brad with no coat? Crazy!