Monday, December 7, 2009

Try and Try Again


If at first you don't succeed, try and try again. I kept repeating this to myself as I took Cozette to have her Christmas pictures taken. Last week's session was short of a fiasco. The above picture was about as good as it got. Little Cozette did not want to smile and we attempted every trick on the planet for her to cooperate. If you're wondering whose hands are holding the box--they're Brad's.

"I want a lollipop." was all Cozette kept repeating over and over mixed with lots of tears.

So we gave her one.

But that did not motivate her at all. We finally gave up and rescheduled for today. She was not in her best frame of mind this morning and I almost canceled.

I am glad that I did not give up.

Cozette decided she would smile for the camera today:





Cozette is talking in sentences now. She says the most adorable little words. The other day she told me that she wanted some cheese sticks. I prepared some as part of her lunch. She decided that she wanted to crumple them up all over the table instead.

"Cozette it hurts my feelings that you are not eating your cheese sticks and making such a mess on the table." I firmly said to her.

"Well, my feelings are hurt, too." She responded in her most southern accent.

I tried not to laugh.

Cozette has a very southern accent.

One of her favorite past times is crawling on the floor like a little kitty cat.

" Me-ow-ah." she purrs in three syllables.

When ever we ask her if she wants something and the answer is yes, she responds, "Yay-yah" for yes.

Cozette is very independent.

"I wanna egg!" She insisted the other day..

She then proceeded to go downstairs to get a frying pan and an egg and butter out of the refrigerator.

When I walked into the kitchen, the frying pan with the egg and butter in it was on the floor. She had pulled a kitchen chair across the floor to the counter and was standing on top of the chair reaching for a spatula.

I simply could not believe my eyes!

I told her that she was a very big girl and that I was very happy that she knew how to get all of the things needed to make an egg.

The other day Kayleigh lovingly remarked, "Cozette is such an important part of our family."

"Yes, love, she really is."
I agreed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those pictures are just too perfect! I love it! Even the lollipop/hands picture. Today I found Kate dragging a bar stool to the stove and trying to climb up. I wonder what she was going to cook since she calls all food mama (as in hama, not Mama) I never quite know. These two are going to be quite the gruesome twesome in a couple weeks time!

Quincy Sorensen said...

Mom, Dad, Kaija, and I are sitting around looking at these ADORABLE pictures together! I LOVE the outfit Cozette is wearing; she looks so, so, so cute. These pictures are so good in the second shoot that I marvel the first go-round didn't work out. The lollipop picture is still priceless. Can't wait to see her!

Quincy Sorensen said...

this is Kaija here. I love cozette