Sunday, April 4, 2010

What Easter Means to Me



Yesterday, I looked out of my kitchen window and noticed the green on the trees, and as I was running a few errands with my daughters, we marveled at the beautiful Pink Dogwood trees. "It's snowing flowers,"  Cozette observed and squealed with delight.  Kayleigh and I laughed and commented that we have never noticed such a beautiful sight. Truly, it looked like it was snowing flowers outside.  I love the signs of spring.

Budding trees.

Flowers in bloom.

Warmer days.

The assurance of knowing that winter is behind.

I will never forget the first time I noticed the blooming Bradford Pear after a season of mourning. My heart was lifted, and I remembered the Lord's promises to me.

He over came death. He took upon himself the depth of my pain. He suffered for my sins. He was resurrected on the the third day, and because of this miracle, I will have eternal life. I am grateful to know that Jesus Christ lives. I am thankful for the knowledge that death is not the end.

Because of Him, we have a promise of hope and the renewal of life.

This is what Easter means to me.



I love the sight of Cozette's hair in the morning.


Happy Easter.


4 comments:

Nikki said...

Sister, what a beautiful post, including Cozette's hair.

Quincy Sorensen said...

I keep staring at Cozette's hair. If I could see that sight every morning, I'd be guaranteed to have a most excellent day. Love that girl and all those kids! Happy Easter!

Natalie said...

I enjoyed reading your thoughts on Easter, beautiful post. I think that Cozette is adorable, and her morning hair is precious!

Meredith said...

Sweet post Jeannie! I love that crazy morning hair too!