Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Preschool Musical


The Christmas program at preschool is a highlight of the season. Today's presentation reminded me of the days when I taught music at preschool. You have the children who steal the show, the ones who wave at their parents, a few get stage fright, and then there's the one who refuses to sing. I don't think that happened today. Today's program was titled, "Happy Birthday, Jesus." Cozette was front and center, and it pains me to report that she hardly sang one word. She mostly just stood there and stared into the very large crowd.

She did wave to her Daddy twice.

I noticed her lips moving some, and she did the motions to some of the songs. I spoke to her music teacher afterward, and she told me that Cozette would sing very loudly in music. She also said that  Cozette knows every word to all the songs. I believe Cozette caught a case of stage fright!


Cozette's class had a book exchange at the Christmas party afterward.




Cozette could hardly wait for us to come home and open the present she made for us. We agreed at school that we would wait for her daddy to be there, but once we got home she said, "Why don't we just open it now!"  She made us a very lovely candle holder.

I asked Cozette what was her favorite thing about the Christmas party today.

"That my daddy was there."

Why am I not surprised?



1 comment:

Quincy Sorensen said...

Oh, we LOVE Cozette! She looks like such a big girl with all of her friends and teacher. My favorite picture is the one with her at your kitchen table. She looks JUST LIKE EVERETT!

No singing? Maybe she'll be like her Aunt Q who only lipsyncs in public. ;)