Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cozette's First Talk



Cozette gave her first talk in Primary today. The topic she was to address was the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ in the latter days. Truly, it was. She did a fabulous job standing in front of the Primary children, and was not nervous a bit. She really liked speaking into the microphone. She was so proud of herself after she was finished. I am thankful that our church instills confidence in our children at such an early age. 

Here is Cozette's talk:

When Jesus Christ lived on earth, he established his church. The church was taken from the earth after Jesus died. When Joseph Smith was 14, he wanted to know which church was true. He prayed to Heavenly father to know what church he should join. Heavenly father and Jesus Christ appeared to him, and told him not to join any of the churches.  In 1836, the prophet Joseph Smith restored the true gospel of Jesus Christ—the same church that existed when Jesus lived on earth. 

I am thankful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I love Jesus, and I want to be like him. I love primary. I have so much fun with Sister Hammond and Sister Goodyear. 

In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.


2 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

I think Cozette's talk is super! She is so big now. I am very proud of her! I hope the rest of your family is feeling great!
*KAIJA*

Quincy Sorensen said...

What a precious girl Cozette is! And what a beautiful picture of her! I wish I could have been there to see her give her first talk. That is a big deal!