Wednesday, September 10, 2008

That's Mine!


Cozette looks like E.T..


Several years ago, Everett and I went to a mother-son costume ball at his school. I remember that I purchased a piece of silky leopard print material to accent my costume. After the ball, I put the fabric in a basket in my closet and forgot about it. Yesterday, while making a mess in my closet, Cozette managed to find it. She instantly claimed it as her own and had me wrap it around her so she could walk around the house. I think she likes the silkiness of the fabric against her skin.

Later that afternoon, when Kayleigh arrived home from school, we were talking in our family room about her day. Kayleigh noticed the leopard print fabric, picked it up, and then wrapped it around herself. There must be something about that fabric because I had done the same thing earlier. Cozette had been happily playing around us then suddenly started to cry. We tried to give Cozette her pacifier but that did not work. I tried to hold Cozette but that did not console her either. She kept going up to Kayleigh crying. And then it hit me and I said to Kayleigh while laughing, "Cozette wants that fabric back!" Kayleigh immediately handed the fabric to Cozette. Voila! Cozette stopped crying. She just wanted her fabric back! We simply could not believe it. I am so happy that I saved that old piece of leopard print fabric. You never can tell what will become a treasure to your children.

5 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

Jeannie, that is darling. I bet this will become what the Raggedy Ann blankets have been to Zoe and Kaija. I love the picture, too. I can't wait to see Cozette in person! LOVE YOU!

Mary-Faith said...

That is sooo cute! She does look like ET! lol

Meredith said...

They cling to the funniest things, and, it really does make quite a darling, yet edgy and trendy baby blankie!

Nikki said...

That pic of Cozette is too cute!!! She looks like trouble with that leopard clothe wrapped around her.

Rachel said...

Yes, I have been following the NIe Nie story, she is the cousin to 2 of my dear friends in Utah. So yes I am soooo into following it. It is so sad.