Monday, September 29, 2008

Sweet Home Alabama

Susie Q. Sorensen


We had the best weekend. We love going to Huntsville. We were finally able to see our little Susie Q, who just happens to be cutest baby. When I held Susie for the first time, the biggest smile lit her face up. She also tried to coo. I like to think she recognized my voice. Quincy laughed and commented that I have the right touch with her babies.

There is nothing happier than seeing cousins play. Kayleigh, Everett, Zoe, and Kaija will disappear for hours with each other. They are usually destroying their bedrooms with their creativity, but at least they are having fun! Cozette tries to keep up with them. She thinks she is a big girl now.




On Saturday, we visited the U.S. Space and Rocket Center. To say that Kayleigh and Everett had a good time is an understatement. The highlight of the day was riding "The Space Shot."



This is the Space Shot. It blasts you up to space then drops you. It is quite thrilling.


This is Brad. He is our hero. He is brave at everything except for riding scary rides. I hate to say it but he is a little wimpy when it comes to amusement parks.

We were shocked when he agreed to ride The Space Shot with Kayleigh and Everett.


It was one small step for Kayleigh and Everett...



ONE GIANT LEAP FOR BRAD!
Go Brad!



Zoe and Kaija are doting cousins to Cozette. They are the biggest helpers.




Susannah Quincy was blessed on Sunday. Her name is officially on the records of the church. She received a beautiful blessing from her Daddy. Susie was a perfect little angel. Cozette decided she wanted to be very loud during the blessing, so I had to take her out in the middle of it. After church and lots of picture taking, we went to Faith Memorial. Mommom arranged a beautiful autumn floral arrangement to put on Elijah's mausoleum. I felt a sweet witness that Elijah knows how much we miss him.

All good things must come to an end, packing to go home is never fun. The children did not want to leave each other. It was so sad to drive away because Zoe and Kaija were running after us as fast as they could screaming, "Bye...bye, we love you!"

Indeed, Quincy does have the sweetest home in Alabama.



Families are Forever.

6 comments:

Meredith said...

It looks like you had a lovely, fun, sentimental, good time! What a beauty! I love your family. I am glad I get to rub shoulders with them on occasion.

Mary-Faith said...

Looks like you had fun!

The Kipper Family said...

Susie Q is adorable! It looks like you had a wonderful time with your family. Keep me updated.

Quincy Sorensen said...

Oh, Sister, thank you so much for blogging about our weekend. You capture things so well. We miss you so much, and I love seeing all the pictures. Thank you thank you thank you! I LOVE YOU!

kristenhcubed said...

I'm a friend of Kirk and Quincy's and came here from their blog. Thanks for posting the pictures of the baby blessing. Family is everything, especially sisters!

Nikki said...

Looks like you had a fantastic weekend! I'm so sad that I wasn't there. :(