Thursday, October 2, 2008

Hi Dad

Cozette loves her Daddy.


I have to admit that I am a little jealous. Nikki came over tonight for a visit. We were in the kitchen and she was holding and playing with Cozette. Brad had been upstairs and then came down for dinner.

"Look, Cozette, there's your Daddy." Nikki said as she turned towards Brad.

Then clear as a bell with the biggest smile on her face, Cozette greeted Brad.

"Hi Dad."

The earth stood still for a moment.

We cheered and laughed with sheer delight.

Then it hit me that her first words were," Hi Dad."

She said it again and it came out, "Hi Da-yee."

Now, I need to mention that she has never said the "Mmm" sound or any sound that slightly resembles Mommy. I have nursed, labored, and loved my baby for the last 13 months. I tried all night to get her to say,"Mommy." It just didn't happen.

Brad received the glory tonight.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

6 comments:

Nikki said...

Umm, you didn't say what Cozette said next. "Hi Ni!"

Meredith said...

Us poor Moms...all of the guts...none of the glory! Daddy's are all about the good times. That is one cute little gal you have there!

Quincy Sorensen said...

Cozette is the cutest baby ever! I wish I could have heard that greeting. (I may be last on the name list because Quincy is just hard to say.) We adore her! :)

Mary-Faith said...

Oh! That's so sweet!

Meredith said...

Can I just say again how much I love that you are blogging? It makes me giddy!

Rachel said...

So cute!