Friday, October 31, 2008

We Wish You a Merry Halloween

A wacky witch, vampire, and a little witch attacking the Halloween candy.


What is your favorite thing about Halloween? It was not difficult for Kayleigh and Everett to answer my question. Their list of favorites included the following:

Candy.

Going from door to door and saying,"Trick or Treat."

Dressing up.

Candy.

Scaring people.

Haunted houses.

Candy.

And their most favorite part of Halloween is...

Trading and sorting the candy.

I love to see Kayleigh and Everett pour their loot on the floor and start bargaining to get their favorites from each other. This year was especially entertaining because Cozette went wild. She was falling into the candy, throwing it, and trying to eat it through the packaging. We laughed until our sides ached. Cozette really likes M&M's. By the end of the night, all of the candy is put into plastic baggies and sorted according to the type of candy it is.


Cozette is walking up to Mommom's door.


My favorite thing
about Halloween is going to Mommom and Papa's house. I know that they are waiting for Kayleigh and Everett with Halloween treats. We love to see their excitement over their costumes. This year Everett dressed up as a vampire for the ward Halloween party. He went as Mr. Baseball on Halloween night. Cozette was so cute holding her Halloween pumpkin. She loved wearing her Halloween Tu Tu and was very prissy in it.

I must share that I made Kayleigh and Cozette's Tu Tu's.


A Wonderful Halloween Night.


Kayleigh and Everett had two friends come with them trick-or-treating this year. Savannah and Alyssa made the evening even more fun for them. They decided to sing a little song at some of the doors:

We wish you a merry Halloween,
We wish you a merry Halloween,
We wish you a merry Halloween,
So trick- or- treat!


Even Mr. Baseball was singing.

The neighbors really liked it.

And I really do hope everyone had a Merry Halloween.

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Oh my gosh....so cute!! I can't stand those tutu's and knowing that you made them, well, that seals the deal - you are officially a crafter! I have been so excited to see what you did after several hints!

The sorting out the loot part is a favorite of mine too...tonight we got home too late from visiting Grandpa so the loot will have to be sorted tomorrow.

Quincy Sorensen said...

What a fun post. Kayleigh and Cozette are the CUTEST together (and separately, too). Everett is fantastic. What a good make-up job, Jeannie. The tu-tus turned out too-too cute. Maybe you're carrying a craft gene, after all. So glad it was a Merry Halloween. We love you!

Nikki said...

Sister, I am so impressed that you made the girls' costumes. They were fantastic. You are so crafty.

Molly said...

I hope you don't mind me sneaking onto your blog! I love the witch costumes, they are sooo cute! I may have to steal the idea for Brynley next year. Good job!