Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My Wish

This picture was taken when Kayleigh turned 1.
I thought she was the most beautiful baby in the world.
We love this picture. It makes us happy.
We laugh when we look at it.

We named it "Little old man in a dress" since she does not have any hair!



12 years ago today, I was in the hospital giving birth to Kayleigh Marie Simpson. Has it really been 12 years? This birthday has affected me more than any of her other ones. This birthday is a milestone for her. Kayleigh is now a young woman. We are on the threshold of her being a teenager.

It hurts knowing her childhood is behind us.

When we arrived home from the hospital, I remember being exhausted and overwhelmed. I looked into her tiny face and told Brad that I couldn't do it, I just could not be a mother. His response has always made me laugh.

"It's too late, Jeannie, we can't exactly give her back."

I sure am glad I decided to keep her. And that Brad wasn't post-partum!



This picture was taken when Kayleigh turned 3.
I remember she had been a "little" fussy that morning.
"I just can't smile," were her words when we arrived at the studio.
And she didn't smile.
This is my favorite picture of Kayleigh.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYLEIGH


I have a birthday
wish for you:

I hope that you will always be surrounded with love. Always be kind. Be a friend to those who are lonely. See the good in everyone. Always forgive your loved ones. Pray with all your heart. Be honest. Be true. Be loyal. Earn good grades. Work hard in school. Remember to laugh.

These are the things that will bring you joy in life.

This is my wish for you.

I love you.

5 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

What a beautiful birthday wish! We sure love our Kayleigh Bug! Twelve wonderful years . . . will the next 12 pass so quickly?

Meredith said...

Happy Happy birthday Kayleigh dear! Fun to look back and remember all those fun photos. I am so glad to have known Kayleigh for nearly all her life!

Mary-Faith said...

Happy birthday Kayleigh!

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Kayleigh!! Is she coming to the YW sleepover this Friday? She'll have a lot of fun!

The Kipper Family said...

Happy Birthday Kaleigh!!! How do you get your pictures all together like a cube? Fill me in.