Sunday, October 19, 2008

Mr. Baseball

Mr. Baseball himself.


It isn't everyday that you have a real baseball star living with you. Since I have a real baseball star living in my house, I thought I would take a moment to interview him. I am happy that he was gracious enough to take the time from his busy baseball schedule to oblige me.

Here it goes:

Me: Thank you, Mr. Baseball, for speaking with me tonight.

Mr. Baseball: You are welcome.

Me: How are you tonight?

Mr. Baseball: I am good.

Me: What's your favorite thing about baseball?

Mr. Baseball: Hitting.

Me: Why?

Mr. Baseball: I like to connect with the ball and see how far it goes.

Me: Do you always talk this much?

Mr. Baseball: Does not answer my question but tries to suppress his smile.

Me: How many home runs have you hit?

Mr Baseball: Hmm... about 10. His Daddy (who is eaves dropping on this very important interview) questions if this is accurate. Mr. Baseball assures me this is the correct number.

Me: What position do you play?

Mr. Baseball: I play short stop, center field, second base, and I pitch.

Me: Do you like for people to cheer for you when you are up to bat?

Mr. Baseball: Yes, it makes me want to do my best.

Me: Does your Mommy cheer loud for you?

Mr. Baseball: YES.

Me: Does it make you happy?

Mr. Baseball: YES!

Me: What does she cheer?

Mr Baseball: Woo Hoo, Go Everett! Good eye, Good eye!

Me: How many hours has your Daddy spent practicing with and coaching you?

Mr. Baseball: About 2,ooo hours.

Me: Who is your favorite baseball team?

Mr. Baseball: Boston Red Sox. Like Father like Son.

Me: Any last words or advice to anyone who wants to play baseball?

Mr. Baseball: Just do the best you can. Never give up and play lots of baseball.

Me: That's excellent advice. Tell me about your Mommy.

Mr. Baseball: (Starts to laugh.) She's nice. She helps me. She cooks for me. She watches over me and she takes care of me.

Me: Thank you, Mr. Baseball.

Mr. Baseball: You are welcome.

Me: One last question. Is it hard being so handsome?

Mr. Baseball: (Smiles and looks down.) Hmm... No.

Me: Will you please let this interviewer give you a kiss?

Mr. Baseball: No. Oh... OK.

Me: Smooch! Thank you for your time. Good luck this Thursday when you play in your very important tournament game.

Mr. Baseball: Thanks, Can I go now?

The End.

5 comments:

Meredith said...

Oh Bobby! So charming, handsome, and modest!!hehehe! I can't wait to start collecting Everett Baseball cards!!! What a cute idea - I may have to steal it one of these days.

Rachel said...

Such a cute idea!! See Jeannie you are creative!!

Anonymous said...

Mr. Baseball...a man of few words.

Here's hoping you have a great season, and I hope we can look forward to more interviews of the talking Parrotts! (I mean Simpsons...)

Quincy Sorensen said...

Well, I sure wish I could watch Mr. Baseball in action! I really enjoyed the game I went to once upon a time. I think the interview, interviewee, and interviewer are all hysterical and fantastic! :)

Nikki said...

Sister, this is too funny! I, seriously, am laughing so hard. So typical of Everett. What a cute mom you are! See you tonight at the game. Go Dawgs!