Sunday, October 26, 2008

Little Black Birds



Inside this door, live three very special children. My Grandma Lou used to say, "Every old crow thinks hers is the blackest." I believe all mothers are given that divine spark to think her own children are the the most wonderful and beautiful. It seems two of my children are sprouting wings. They stay busy with school and their various activities. It makes me feel that I really am an "old crow."


My Beehive.


Today was our Primary Program at church. I was somewhat sad that Kayleigh was not participating this year. I asked her if she was sad not to be up there with her friends. She was very quick to assure me, "No! I like being in Young Women."

Of course she does, what was I thinking?

All of a sudden she has a very busy social life. I really miss her while she is away from me. I know that I have to start getting used to it.

This is only the beginning...


Mr. Baseball and some of his fans.


Everett aka "Mr. Baseball" just finished his baseball season. He and his Daddy are already talking about spring ball. Maybe, we should get through basketball season first! We are pleased that Everett's team finished the season as co-championship winners. He received the game ball the last game because he hit a double, a triple, and two RBI's. He was flying high on Saturday.

And my throat hurts today from all the cheering!



A little tag along.


For the past nine years, Brad and Everett have been a little couple. They are joined at the hip. They would spend all day playing sports if time allowed it. It makes me laugh that all of a sudden they have an ardent tag along. Cozette loves to be outside and she insists on being with her Daddy and brother.

"Welcome to your new life!" I announced recently as Everett and Brad tried to get me to bring her in, so they could throw just a few pitches. Cozette had absolutely no part of that.

Finally, Cozette is saying, "Ma Ma Ma." She also loves to have her hair brushed, (the little bit she has) and she is really good at fake coughing for attention.

I am so thankful for my little black birds.

2 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

Keep crowing, Mama Black Bird, 'cause you sure do have some fine birdies! :)

Meredith said...

I love your birdies too!!! Wish we could join them in their busy social lives and sports games.