Monday, December 22, 2008

Just That I Dread It



For the sake of her posterity, it is important to document that when asked if she had any special feelings about Christmastime or our family celebration tonight, "Just that I dread it." was Mommom's response.

Of course, we all laughed. We know that she was just teasing. Mommom has a keen sense of humor and knows just how to push our buttons. We celebrated Christmas early this year because Mom, Dad, and Nikki are going to Huntsville to be with Quincy's family.

Papa said, "He enjoyed our spontaneous laughter the most."

We really do have fun when we're together.

Nikki told me her favorite part of our celebration was sitting by me in the restaurant.

Kayleigh and Everett both had the same response:

Opening the Christmas presents!

Here are a few pictures of our wonderful celebration:





Mmm...Mmm...Good!

Eating nut balls is what I loved the most tonight. Mom has been making nut balls since she and Dad were first married. I can remember sitting at the kitchen table when I was about five years old sipping ginger ale and eating those delicious nut balls. It's the perfect combination.

As we were leaving tonight, Mom expressed her love for our Savior. He is the center of all our family celebrations. We are grateful for His humble birth and exemplary life.

Mostly, we are thankful that because of Him, we are an eternal family.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Man, just as I am putting together my tacky pictures from our party last weekend, I see your elegant home and delightful family! At least you ended with a picture of your face covered in powdered sugar!

Quincy Sorensen said...

Can I tell you how excited I am to eat nutballs? I am so glad you guys had such a wonderful time. Glad you got a chance to tease Mom in return! :)

Mary-Faith said...

I can tell you had fun! See ya this weekend!