Tuesday, December 2, 2008

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree


O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree!
Thou tree most fair and lovely!
O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree!
Thou tree most fair and lovely!
The sight of thee at Christmastide
Spreads hope and gladness far and wide
O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree
Thou tree most fair and lovely!


The most wonderful time of year has arrived. I love everything about Christmastime except for one little thing; buying the Christmas tree. Finding the perfect Christmas tree is such a difficult task. (and then there is the tedious task of stringing the lights perfectly.) Last night, Mommom and Papa came with us to Lowe's to buy their Christmas tree too. It was bitterly cold and the selection of trees was the most pitiful I have seen in years. Poor Brad and Papa, they must have pulled out about 20 trees for us to approve. We were shivering in the cold and Brad's hands looked like they were going to fall off.

"Are we having fun yet?" just about describes how we felt.

Everett informed us that he had to go to the little boys room. After looking at a few more trees, we gave up and went inside to get warm. We were waiting for Brad and Everett to return, so we could go to Home Depot to try and find a Christmas tree there.

Guess where we were waiting for them?

Right by the artificial Christmas tree section.

Those trees were so lovely.

We all ended up bringing one of those lovely Christmas trees home.

Tonight Mommom called and asked to speak with Everett. After they hung up, I asked him what they talked about.

"She called to say thank you to me for having to go to the bathroom last night."

I started to laugh. We can all thank Everett for solving our Christmas tree dilemma.

Now, I truly love everything about Christmastime!



O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree!

I hope you keep your beauty.
O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree!
I hope you keep your beauty.
You see, we have a sneaky Christmas elf,
who cannot keep her little hands to herself.
O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree!
I hope you keep your beauty.

6 comments:

Meredith said...

Your tree IS quite lovely. Your story is really quite funny - Everett needing to use the restroom - classic. I grew up within minutes of Christmas Tree farms and all the places here and in Utah that have fresh cut Oregon tress get them from my old neighborhood or there abouts. Anyway, I insisted on real trees since we were married and Steve thought I was nuts. We went thru the same pain as you. Then 4 or so years ago, I convinced Steve that we needed to bite the bullet and buy a faker. Every year, we say a prayer to the pre-lit tree Gods that the lights will work again. So far, our prayers have been answered. And the fake tree has paid for itself already.

Oh, and thanks for the compliment on my tree. I was almost embarrassed to post pictures - it didn't have a skirt! LOL! my tree was indecent! My old one was looking icky and I had not yet found a replacement. I bought one today that is darling. I was thinking of making one but this was totally "Me" and I couldn't have made it for $30 bucks for materials, let alone time. Some things aren't worth making.

can't wait to see all of you!

Nikki said...

Sister! I love your tree--it is so pretty!

Quincy Sorensen said...

Your tree is beautiful! Glad you didn't have to return it after all. Wish we could see it with our own eyes! We like the ones with the cousins around it.

The Kipper Family said...

I love your tree, it is so pretty! I can tell that Cozette was having fun with the ornaments.

Mary-Faith said...

Your tree looks awesome! We're putting our's up this weekend. We've always used a artificial tree. I begged for a real one last year, but I think I like the artificial one now.

Cozette is just trying to redecorate it! :)

Quincy Sorensen said...

Okay, so I read the Cozette verse . . . it is delightful! I hope we get more Christmas carol adaptations. :)