Sunday, March 8, 2009

Nursery Rhymes



I woke up this morning and wanted to cheer,

The big day, I had anticipated, was finally here!

Cozette turned 18 months, so off to nursery she goes,

Walking the halls during church will no longer cause me woes.


I prepared Cozette by saying,

"You'll love nursery and playing with friends.

You get to color, eat snacks, sings songs-- the fun never ends.

Most importantly, you will learn more about Jesus; He loves you so dearly,

I want you to love nursery, and I say this sincerely."


The time to let her go did arrive.

All I could think was, "I do hope that we'll both survive."

As I walked away, she started to cry,

But I knew that I needed to say, "Good-bye."


I realized this day had arrived far too quickly,

And suddenly, my stomach felt rather sickly.

Nursery is a stepping stone for many wonderful things that will come,

I just did not expect it would make me feel so glum.


If you're wondering if I am counting down for the day,

That Cozette becomes a Sunbeam,

My answer is, "NO WAY!"


5 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

Oh, I heard a little bit about Cozette's first day in nursery from Mom, but I will call you tomorrow to get the full blow-by-blow. What a big girl. You're a poet (did you know it?)!

Meredith said...

Love your poem. These little critters do grow up too soon and I keep telling them not to! You are too clever!

Susan said...

So cute! They get too big too fast!!

The Kipper Family said...

I love your poem, it is so true. It is very hard seeing them grow up so fast.

Mary-Faith said...

It honestly doesn't feel like she's eighteen months old yet! I can't believe it!

By the way, love the poem!