Saturday, March 28, 2009

10 Reasons Why We Love Everett

Everett Wade Simpson
1 year old.



Everett is 10 years old today. He told me it feels great being a two digit person! I can't help but wonder where the time has gone? I sincerely pray the next 10 years do not not slip by like the previous ones. Everett is a very important member of our family. We would like to share why we love him so dearly.


We love you, Everett.


Cozette:

1. He takes the time to play with me.
2. When he returns home from school, he greets me with a big smile and calls me, "Bunny Darling."
3. He is always willing to help Mommy get diapers for me. He has even helped changed my diapers.
4. He will baptize me when I am 8 years old. That is cool.
5. I like that he plays baseball, because I get to go to the park and play.
6. He tickles me and makes me giggle so hard. He is never rough with me.
7. He calls me his "Chicky Girl."
8. I love to run from him when he chases me around the house.
9. He lets me play with his friends.
10. He is my hero. He is my big brother.


Kayleigh:

1.We laughed practically the whole way home from Disney World.
2. We come up with the craziest games and dances. My favorite is watching him do the "Fashion Hillbilly."
3. Whenever I am sad, he always cheers me up.
4. He is the most funniest person on the planet.
5. He always has a smile on his face.
6. When we are bored, we play a game to see who can make each other laugh first.
7. He's always on my side.
8. He's the best brother in the world.
9. He makes life more fun.
10. I HEART Everett.

Daddy:

1. He likes to stay with me and play basketball on Wednesday nights. He is my loyal companion.
2. He will hold the priesthood in two years.
3. He shares my love for the Boston Red Sox.
4. He remembers Mr. Chicken.
5. He has unlimited supply of energy.
6. He is always willing to shoot, kick, or throw a ball with me.
7. He is a great companion when I need his assistance with a project around the house. He has helped me paint several of the rooms.
8 He is already preparing to serve his mission.
9. He loves hot dogs and chocolate milk.
10. He is a son to be proud of.


Mommy:

1. Everett has love and respect for all creatures. He does not even want us to step on an ant. He is loving and kind to all little animals and finds joy looking at them.
2. Everett always lets me hug and kiss him. I pray he will never get too big for that.
3. It makes me happy he can play "Smoke on the Water" on his guitar.
4. Everett is so funny. When he gets on a roll, there is no stopping with all the witty things he will say.
5. Everett is a master at telling jokes. Here is his latest: What do you call a missing hot dog? I will give the answer a little later.
6. Everett has already made the decision he wants to be an Eagle Scout, serve a mission, and get his Master's degree.
7. Everett is a great helper.
8. I love to run errands with Everett. He is the best companion. We love to play, "Bug" and he usually wins.
9. I have two nicknames for Everett: "Mr. Baseball" ( because he is an athlete elite) and "Johnny." I started calling him Johnny, because he knows that I love music from the 1940's. The Andrew Sisters did a version of "Oh, Johnny, Oh Johnny" and it started from there. I call him Johnny quite a bit. His cousins call him,"Bobby." Everett is a good sport and answers to all of it!
10. Everett has, many times, checked out books from the school's library about WW II. He brings books home, so we can read them together. He knows I am interested in this part of our history. He also watches black and white film about WWII on TCM with me. He really likes "The Great Escape."

I could easily keep going on and on and on about why we love Everett so much!


Everett told me he has no problem that he a has a pink cake for his birthday.
He is happy that he has a strawberry cake.


Everett doesn't have a big sweet tooth, but he did request a strawberry cake with strawberry ice cream for his birthday. This made me a little nervous. I have mastered the 9x13 pan, and I usually do not venture any farther from that! I really do not have the best luck baking birthday cakes.

At least, I tried.

That is what we will remember!

Happy Birthday, Everett. We love you more than a pickle.





P.S.

We attended the Pine Wood Derby on Wednesday evening.
Everett received his Bear and was promoted to Webelo,
AND his car won first place in the category "Best of Show."
His car gets to compete at district.
Woo Hoo, Everett!

P.S.S.

The answer to his joke is a "Dog gone."

4 comments:

Mary-Faith said...

Happy birthday, Everett!!!

Quincy Sorensen said...

Hooray for Everett! Happy birthday! WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH! We hope your day is wonderful . . . wish we were with you. The cake is beautiful and looks umm, umm good. Can't believe Everett is 10!

Meredith said...

Happy Birthday Bobby!!! Jeannie, you did a great job on the cake - it looks scrumptious!

Some things we love about Everett:
1. That he lets us still call him Bobby
2. He is so sweet and kind and puts up with all the girls in the family...poor guy, no boys close to his age!
3. He also like Dorritos...like some other members of my family
4. He was so sweet to Baby Kate
5. He let me sleep in his room

Betsy Baugh said...

He is the sweetest boy. We love having Everett at our house. He must have some pretty fabulous parents.

happy birthday, Everett!