Sunday, April 5, 2009

Up To Bat



The moments that precede a baseball being pitched to Everett are emotionally intense. I can see the pitcher on the pitchers mound. His body is erect, his focus on Everett, as he starts his windup. Somewhere, his Mom is watching and hoping that her son will throw a strike. I can see Everett at home plate; knees bent, assessing this pitcher and getting his batting stance ready.

I cheer for Everett.

"Please don't strike out." I whisper to myself.

CRACK! The crowd starts to cheer, and I start jumping up and down as Everett runs as fast as he can to first base.

It's such a relief when Everett gets to base. Sometimes, he doesn't because the opposing team catches his ball. What I have noticed is that Everett always gets a hit. He's the team's lead-off man and is solid hitter.

We have only played three of the seven games scheduled because of all the rain we have been receiving. The Yellow Jackets have had one win and two losses. We have four make-up games scheduled.

Last night's final score was 9-4. A much needed win for our team.

Everett also pitched last night.

I can sum it up by saying, it just about did me in!


Now, it is time for a picture of some delicious cuisine:


Omelet a la Everett.


Everett decided he was going to make his own ham and cheese omelet for dinner. Pictured above is the finished product. When he saw the picture, he starting cracking up and said, "Boy, that doesn't look so great, but it sure was good!"

I told him cooking takes practice just like baseball.

He seemed to like that idea.


1 comment:

Quincy Sorensen said...

I love this post. I can just see you in the dugout, your heart on your sleeve for Everett. I have loved the few times I have been able to watch him play.

Way to go, Everett, on the omelette!