Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My Thoughts About Easter



With the passing of my cousin last week, my thoughts have been centered on the resurrection of our Savior. Joel's life was not easy. His was burdened with consequences from the choices made in his youth. He did however, express hope in the end and a desire to attend church. I know that because of our Savior, he is now at peace.

Attending Joel's funeral in South Carolina, presented the opportunity for me to travel all day with my sisters. We recognized that this was the first time we had spent that much together, just the three of us, since Brad and I were married.

We did have one little travel companion, our little Susie.

My sisters and I spent time talking about our hope in the atonement and a thousand other things that sisters share. We laughed, and we cried. Quincy said our time together was a rare treasure.

It really was.

This year's Easter festivities
were especially fun. Cozette did not completely understand the Easter egg hunt, but it didn't take her long to discover the candy inside the eggs.

She walked around with her Elmo Easter basket with eggs in her little hand saying, "Mine!"

We also hid a golden egg this year that had a two dollar bill in it, Everett was the lucky winner.

Easter dinner was at my house. It was a real feast. Our menu included: Asian marinated pork loin, ham, million dollar potatoes, sweet potato souffle, deviled eggs, fresh asparagus and garlic green beans, rolls, and last, but not least: banana split pie.

Easter is a wondrous time of reflection and thanksgiving for the life and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

He lives. This I know to be true!


I do need to add that Cozette is starting to say more words.

Here is a list of her extensive repertoire:

"Daddy (dah-dee)."

"Hi Daddy!"

"Daddy downdair (downstairs) ?"

"My Daddy."

"Da da da da da da."

I really don't think she likes Brad that much!

"Mine."

"heh-woe (hello)."

"maca." For macaroni and cheese.

Today she said her first sentence. I was simply shocked. We were trying to find her a bib for lunch. They were all dirty. I was in the laundry room saying to her how sad it was that her bibs were dirty. Then as clear as a bell she said, "My bibs are dir-dee!"

And that is her first official sentence!


2 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

I am proud of Cozette's first official sentence!

Our time together was a treasure . . . except for enduring the Cooterfest jokes.

Meredith said...

So sorry you don't have enough bibs to last longer...but at least you got the sentence out of it!!! Easter is a wonderful time - I love spring in AZ (though spring is fleeting here). Golden Egg - what a great idea!