Thursday, March 18, 2010

Birds and Beehives



My heart skipped a beat when I heard the sound of birds chirping the other day. It was the first promise of Spring I have noticed. I immediately called for everyone to come upstairs to hear the chirping birds outside. Brad said he believed they were on our rooftop. We paused for a few moments to hear their song. Cozette was the most excited and kept talking about the baby birdies.

Cozette and I were delighted when we learned that we would be making a bird's nest for the craft at the library today. It was not easy getting her to sit still to pose for a picture of her holding her bird's nest.

"Cozette, do you love birds?" I asked her.

"Yes," she answered.

"Why do you love birds?"

"Because they say tweet-tweet."

"What do birds eat?" I asked to see how she would answer.

"Worms," she replied like she knew everything.

"Do you eat worms?" I asked to be silly.

"Yes."

"You do not," I assured her.

"I eat gummy worms!"

Well, she told me!

We are learning that she has a quick wit.

Cozette recently declared her love for the entire family:

"I love Mommy. I love Daddy. I love Kay-lay. I love Everett. Oh... I love each other."




The Beehives
decided that they were not going to let Saturday's basketball game be forfeited. The older girls had testing and other commitments. We had a team of five girls.

Five little Beehives.

They understood that they were not going to get a break and would be required to play the entire game. I have never seen a game played with such determination and heart. These little girls ran that court like their lives depended on it. Kayleigh even scored four of the points. She is an excellent defensive player. The final score was 12-26. The other ward won.

But, we did not lose.

The Beehives walked off that court victorious. They were recognized at church on Sunday for their efforts.

Give them a couple of years, and they will be unstoppable.
.

I love my girls.


3 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

And what CUTE GIRLS! Do you sit down at your computer and find tens of Kayleigh self-portraits? She has that shot down. Speaking of shots . . . way to go, Kayleigh! AWESOME!

Meredith said...

I love your sweet girls too!!

Unknown said...

Very impressive beehives! Way to go ;D

We are very excited to have discovered a birds nest right outside our front window. The kids can't wait to see the birds hatch and grow up right before out eyes! Nature--it's a wonderful thing!