Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Birthday Pookie


Happy Birthday Little Pookie by Sandra Boynton is one of our favorite books. We have been reading it in anticipation of Cozette's birthday for weeks now. Cozette and I have been practicing what we would do on the morning of her birthday.

Cozette lays on the pillow and pretends that her eyes are closed.

Then I sit by her on the bed, cup my hands around my mouth like I am speaking through a megaphone and say,"ATTENTION ATTENTION, will the birthday pookie please wake up!"

Cozette opens her eyes and responds, "It's my birthday! I'm the birthday pook."

This morning she woke up early while I was downstairs in the kitchen. I told her that it was her birthday and made her lay back down, so we could do our pookie routine.

Oh, it was so much fun.

We had her birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese yesterday. Cozette was in heaven.



Cozette requested pink cupcakes. 

Cozette with Emma Grace and Lacey

Cozette with Blane and Emma Grace




The girls were clapping to The Birthday Song.


Saturday was Betsy's birthday. It was so loud that we could not sing Happy birthday to her, so we just sang to the song that was playing, which was Hey, Soul Sister. I think that's the name of the song. The only lyrics I really knew was,  "Hey soul sister, la la la la, stereo, radio, la la la..." 






Cozette and Emma grace are quite the little pair.




Our favorite part of the night was watching Everett in the Ticket Blaster. He tried his hardest to get as many tickets as he could. His strategy was to catch tickets in his shirt. He accumulated about 400 points.



Cozette loved being the birthday girl so much, that she requested for us to light candles on top of a cupcake and sing Happy Birthday to her three times today. She likes to lick the icing off of the cupcake. We even had to do it right before she went to sleep tonight.

Happy birthday, my little Pookie!


4 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

I have never seen a CUTER BIRTHDAY POOKIE! Did Cozette grow up overnight? Seeing her in the context of her friends and party and party clothes just makes her seem like a BIG GIRL. I can't wait to see her! And I do love her curls and party clothes.

goldapaints said...

Pookie, Jr. is just about as cute as another little Birthday Pookie we remember. We love our beautiful little Cozette.

Rachel said...

happy birthday cozette! i'm sooo happy lacey was able to attend her party! i heard it was a hit... looks like she had a delightful time!

Meredith said...

Oh, what a super fun party for cutie Cozette! I love your little routine for her birthday. You make sure she knows hos much we love that little big girl of yours. She definitely takes the cake!