Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Princess Goes to Preschool



The big day finally arrived. Preschool. Everyone was in a frenzy this morning trying to assist Cozette in one way or the other. Kayleigh and Everett were singing "Preschool Musical" to her during breakfast. You would have thought we were getting ready to leave for Disney World, we were so excited for her. I know that our enthusiasm was in proportion to the immense love we for this little girl.

Right before Kayleigh left, she picked Cozette up, kissed her on the cheek and sang, "It's not High school. But, it's pretty cool!

That really struck me funny.

Cozette was recently talking to her Daddy about Preschool.

"Daddy, Will you please wake me up at 45 when I need to go to preschool?"

Brad promised he would wake her at 45!

I really believed my heart was going to burst this morning when I dropped her off.  On the way to school, I gave Cozette every instruction I could possibly think of. When we arrived at the carpool line, Cozette pranced out of the van and that child never looked back once!

It was a happy moment.


Cozette said she loved Preschool. 
Then she asked, "Do I get to go back?"


Look! After one day at Preschool, Cozette can read!
And she also came home with a homework assignment.


The Princess pooped out!


This is our discussion on the way home:

Me:  Cozette, did you have a wonderful day at school?

Cozette: Yes, Mommy.

Me: What did you do?


Cozette: We had music today.

Me: What did you sing in music?

Cozette: We sang "Goin' on a Bear Hunt!

Me: Oh, I love that song. Did you make new friends?

Cozette: Yes. Emma Grace.

Emma Grace is her one true bff.

Me: Well, did you play with other friends?

Cozette: Just Emma Grace.

Me: Did you have to have help when you went pee-pee?

Cozette: Yes.

Me: Who helped you?

Cozette: Emma Grace!

Oh my! That must have been a sight!

Me: Did you color?

Cozette: We colored yellow circles.

Me: Do you love Preschool?

Cozette: Yes, Mommy!



Cozette loves her princess bed.


The million dollar question is whether or not the princess will sleep in it?


And then after a pleasant day of running errands all by myself for four whole hours, I received a bonus gift of an additional two and a half hours while Cozette peacefully slept after a lovely first day at Preschool!

What a wonderful day!



3 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE! I am so proud of little Cozette. Susie saw her picture on my phone, kissed it, and then somehow made the picture the wallpaper on my phone. Now I get to look at Cozette all the time! ;) Yay for me! And her big girl bed is so pretty!

Susan said...

Is she going to Lawrenceville Baptist Preschool?? I miss Mrs. Archer so much!! How is her teacher?
I can't believe how big she is getting.

Betsy Baugh said...

Emma Grace confirmed everything Cozette said. Even the part about the potty. What cute girls.