Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Middle School


On the first day of school, I always take a picture of Kayleigh and Everett in our foyer.  This year Kayleigh is in the 8th grade and Everett is in the 6th grade.

Here they are three years ago:


Kayleigh was nervous about being a 5th grader in a brand new school. Everett was happy to be a 3rd grader. I don't think he's changed very much. It seems I am always asking the question, Where has the time gone?


It was hard to let them leave for school. They did not know that I was fighting a huge lump in my throat. I kept saying, "OK, just one more picture!" They were begging me to let them leave.

I finally let them go.

Another school year has arrived.

I am grateful that they have one year together in middle school.

I am most grateful that the title of this post is not High School.

But, I know it is just around the corner.

Stay tuned for a preschool debut next week!


4 comments:

Nikki said...

you're right, that post is awesome. that photo of kaylayyy is priceless. you'll really be old when you have a high schooler. ;)

Meredith said...

I love those two - they are lucky to get some school time together. Molly and I never had it and neither will Lindsay and Caroline, well, maybe high school one year.

Quincy Sorensen said...

Oh, WOW! Look how CUTE they were three years ago! (They're EVEN CUTER now!) It is hard to believe just how old and mature they are becoming. I hope they are having a wonderful first week of school.

Unknown said...

We are starting school soon too, and I just can't believe it! We always take our photos by the fireplace. Your middle schoolers are precious ;D