Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Dreaded Day


The dreaded day has arrived. High School. I drove Kayleigh to school her first day and sadly watched her enter those huge doors. I could sense her apprehension last week. We went to orientation together, and it was a pleasant surprise to learn that she has friends in every class. It was a relief when she came home from school and said, "I am going to love high school!" She is taking AP human geography, honors science, honors English, math, P.E., and theater.  

On Wednesday, she started seminary. Don't ask me how I will endure it for the next six years. Kayleigh has to get up at 5:00 am every morning. We leave the house at 6:00 am. Seminary starts promptly at 6:10. At 6:11, you're tardy--no exceptions. We've made it through our first two days.



Everett started the 7th grade. He did not want me to take his picture, because he thought he would miss the bus. Kayleigh said that Everett's picture look like a mug shot. He thinks it is very clever. I asked how his first day went, and he responded, "It was just a typical first day of school."  I finally asked all the right questions and learned that he really did have a great first day.


1 comment:

Quincy Sorensen said...

Oh, Kayleigh looked so beautiful on her first day of school! I am so proud of her. I am excited about her great schedule. And I happen to like Everett's mug shot!