Sunday, August 14, 2011

I Don't Know Nothin'


It never dawned on me that I should educate myself on the game of football before I attended Everett's jamboree on Saturday. I sat there and had absolutely no idea of what was going on. I don't believe I have ever watched a football game in my life. In baseball, I can sit right at the fence and watch Everett up close. I can give him finger fives right before he goes up to bat. I understand everything about the sport. I even joked with Brad that I could be an umpire!

Football is very different. If you blink you might miss something. And I did miss a few plays, because I was asking people around me what was going on. I tried waving to Everett while he was on the field. I got so excited for a moment, because I thought he waved back. Nikki and Kayleigh started laughing and assured me that he had no idea I was waving at him. Everett did tell me later that he saw us sitting in the stands.

This week I need to go buy Football for Dummies.












This is Everett's favorite picture. Look to the left. 
His leg is sticking out. He made his first tackle.

 

4 comments:

Nikki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nikki said...

Wow! Those are some awesome photos! Everett is obviously off to a great first season!

Quincy Sorensen said...

AMAZING! Those pictures are incredible. It's hard to believe it's cute little Everett inside that big ol' uniform! Sister, you have the cutest kids! You learn up all things boy so you can teach me a thing or two . . . .

Betsy Baugh said...

We need to come and watch him play. He looks great. Don't worry friend, I can talk footbal with the best of them. It's baseball I struggle with.