Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Four Cozette


Our little Cozette turned four years old. She's only been four for about 24 hours, and she is already asking when she will be five. She wants to be big. She asked me earlier today when she will get to go to high school. I answered, "Cozette, you're only in preschool, not for a very long time!" She recently declared that she wanted to get "holes in her ears." I told her she could get her ears pierced when she's 12 years old. Cozette has been talking about her birthday for the past five weeks. Every day she's been telling me all of the presents she wants for her birthday.

Here are a few of her requests:

a cell phone
a robot
princess conditioner
rain boots
everything
an ipod
and a pet goat.


I want Cozette to know how much we love her. We like it that she is little, and we do not want her to grow up. We love her innocence. She recently said that she was going to marry her daddy, and when he told her he was already taken, she announced she would marry Everett.  Everett is her hero. Kayleigh is her idol. I've said this before, and I will say it again. We are better people for having her in our lives. Cozette is witty, she is clever, and she is funny. We never know what she will say.

I asked her how it felt to be four years old. Of course, she amazed me with her response,"Well, I feel a little bit older, but actually Mommy, I still feel small."

She is also wise, because I've never had a birthday where I've felt older.

Happy birthday, Cozette



 

2 comments:

Nikki said...

cozette sure is a little darling. i hope she enjoyed her birthday and all her princess toys. i love that girl! ♥

Quincy Sorensen said...

What a beautiful birthday girl who says the very cutest things! Your lives really are better because she is part of your family. xoxo She is special.