Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Andy Burns, ABC News Anchor

Notice that I got to stand next to Andy Burns, Simpson family's new friend.


"Ok Ok... I read the blog entry on your trip to Columbia. I also love the picture with the ABC Columbia News Anchors, and the caption, which read, "The Simpson family pictured with with our new friend, Alicia Barnes, ABC News Anchor from Columbia SC." One small note: WHERE IS MY SHOUT OUT??!!!! I'M THE 'OTHER' ANCHOR--THE ONE WHO ACTUALLY INVITED YOU INSIDE THE STUDIO!!!!! THE TALL, HANDSOME MAN PICTURED WITH HER! REMEMBER ME?? ANDERSON BURNS. WEEKEND ANCHOR AND ALL AROUND AWESOME GUY WHO INVITES PEOPLE INTO THE STUDIO WITH NO RECOGNITION AFTERWARDS.


Anyway, Alicia says hi. And this entire post, of course, is a big joke. I really am Anderson, but we happened upon your blog... so glad you had a great trip. Come back anytime,
-Andy "


How in the world did ABC weekend news anchor for Columbia SC, Andy Burns, find my blog? My family will probably have a heart attack when they read my blog and realize that I failed to acknowledge him. I just about died of embarrassment when I found his comment on my blog. I was blogging at 1:30 in the morning and must have lost my mind. He was so gracious to us. I even heard him suggest to Alicia Barnes that some of us come up so we could be televised at the end of their broadcast. This did not happen, but they did give a big hello to us.

We were not THAT news worthy!

Thank you, Andy, for your kind gesture on behalf of our family; especially for giving our children a lasting happy memory.

We wish you much success in the future.

Trust me, we will be back.

Just look for the jumping maniacs outside.

And now, I really am famous!

7 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

Jeannie, this is wild! You really are famous!

Hello, Andy, if you're reading this! My sister had a great time and mentioned both of you to me! :)

Anonymous said...

He might have a Google alert on his station that flagged your blog and led him to it.

Nikki said...

Seriously, sister, what were you thinking?! ;)

Meredith said...

WOWZA!!!!! This is just wild. I bet Kirk is right. I should just send links to your blog and forget about mine. I mean, with hanging out with the out of town company that was here when I got home, I am SOOOO behind. I may just hire you.

Mary-Faith said...

WOW! Famous person on your blog! Cool!

Nikki said...

Where's your update?! Boo, hoo!

andy said...

THAT, MY FRIENDS, IS MORE LIKE IT!!!! Alicia always gets the love....well, thank you for making my 5 minutes of fame a great one!!! Now, let me repeat...this entire thing is a big joke...Alicia is standing by me now (telling me what to write, of course), and we can't get enough of you all...you all are great...Alicia says 'hello'...though she is a bit miffed that you gave me credit for finding your blog...actually, she found it, and rubbed it in that she was on it and not me....well, we've showed her, haven't we!!!! Love you guys,
andy