Monday, January 19, 2009

Wish Dilemma



As I was about to blow out my birthday candles, my sisters instructed me to make a wish. I hope it will not disappoint them terribly knowing that at that moment I could not think of a single thing to wish for.

I was with Brad, the love of my life.

My children were with me.

Mom and Dad were in the room, still in love and in good health.

My sisters, my truest friends, were cheering me on.

Bill and Shirley, my dear in-laws, made the trip to be with me.

My sister-in-law, Meredith, flew all the from Arizona to spend the week with me.

I was surrounded by those I love the most, I have a happy marriage, I am blessed with family, and I am blessed with the gospel.

I just could not think of anything to wish for.

I am still thinking about it.




We celebrated my birthday by going to the Macaroni Grill for dinner. We then went to Mommom and Papa's house for cake and dessert. I received so many gifts that it seemed like I was turning 10 instead of 40! I do need to mention that Brad surprised me with dancing lessons. I can't wait to serve everyone in my family dinner on my beautiful new dishes that they gave me. Bill and Shirley have always been so generous to me and I am looking forward to reading my new book. I am proudly displaying the beautiful picture framed of my family, that Meredith made me, in my family room. Quincy gave me the loveliest handbag that she sewed herself.

It was all I could do to hold back my tears of gratitude for my family and their kindness and generosity. Thank you, Nikki, for being such a great party planner!



Meredith and I had the best weekend. We went to Costco. Yes, sadly, it was the first time I had been there. She purchased me some of Mr. Yoshida's marinade as part of my birthday gift. I had been wanting some for the past 10 years, when I had it at her wedding reception, but I could not find it here. That is why I am modeling the jar of sauce like I am a Bob Barker Beauty.

It was sad for Meredith to leave.

I think I finally have a birthday wish.

I wish that everyone turning 40 could have a happy and blessed life as I have had. I hope they will be surrounded by those they love the most and can know, as I do, how loved they are.

That is my wish.

And that I had long curly hair again!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Sister, it was such a fun weekend. You are welcome to turn 40 again, and I'll be happy to plan another par-tay for you! P.S. You are much more beautiful than one of Barker's Beauties! Love you like a pickle...nope, more than chocolate cheesecake! ;)

Meredith said...

I had THE BEST time!!! Thanks for being such a fabulous hostess. I mean, the treats, the brownies, come on! Like I said when I was leaving, I will come to your next 40th birthday party. :) Your family (all the Parrotts) made me feel so welcome and just like another daughter. Love you all.

Quincy Sorensen said...

I'm sorry I missed out on this fantastic post earlier. You do have so much to grateful for, and it really was the funnest birthday party I have been to in a long time.

Incidentally, I discovered Mr. Yoshida's Sweet Sauce while in Utah and convinced Nikki to buy some while she was with me at Costco last time. Yummy!