Saturday, January 31, 2009

Miss Basketball

Miss Basketball


I'm surrounded by athletes in my family:

There's Brad, athlete elite.

Mr. Baseball.

And now, I must introduce to you, Miss Basketball.

Kayleigh recently started playing basketball with the Young Women at church. Her improvement in four games is amazing. The first time a teammate passed the ball to her, she took the ball and just ran with it. We made sure after the game to teach her about not "walking" with the ball. Kayleigh is now a confident little ball player.

I have been very excited to interview her about her basketball skills:

Me: Did you ever think I would be interviewing you as an athlete?

Miss B: No, actually, I thought you would be interviewing me as the star of the Suessical Musical. (Kayleigh dramatically puts her arms up in the air as she says this) But, instead, I am just part of the Wickersham gang!

Me: Kayleigh, you will enjoy your part. Now, on to basketball...

Me: Do you know what a hidden talent is?

Miss B: Hmm...

Mr. Baseball interrupts us and screams, "I do, I do!"

Me: Excuse me Mr. Baseball, this is not your interview.

Mr. Baseball: Sorry, my bad!

Miss B: Yes, it's a talent you have, but don't show it.

Me: Well, I think you are more athletic than you think you are.

Me: Do you ever hear me cheering for you?

Miss B: Not usually, but I did hear you today. I wasn't sure why you cheered for me though, because I threw the ball to the wrong person.

We all start to laugh.

Me: I didn't realize that you did that. I was cheering to give you moral support.

Miss B: What?

Me: Moral support, you do know what that is?

Mr. Baseball interrupts AGAIN saying, "I do I do. It's when you support someone to make them feel good."

Me: Cool it, Mr. Baseball.

Miss B: I know what moral support is.

Me: Do you enjoy basketball practice?

Miss B: No.

Me: Why not?

Miss B: We have to run suicides.

Me: What are suicides?

Miss B: (laughs) It's when the coach decides to torture you by making you run and run and run and run and run from line to line across the court.

Me: Oh My! That sounds hard!

Miss B: It is hard.

Me: Do you have any words of wisdom for future basketball players?

Miss B: Just don't be afraid of the ball like I was at the beginning.

Me: That's excellent advice! Do you see yourself having a future in basketball?

Miss B: No, but maybe in wedding planning, singing, acting, or tennis. I want to take tennis lessons.

Me: We will have to look into it. Thanks for the interview.

Miss B: Anytime.

Miss Basketball then leaves the room and breaks into song and dance!


And now a word to the wise:

BEWARE OF GANGSTA BABIES!
Yo Yo Yo!
This is our Homey C!

Photo courtesy of Miss B!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Oh Miss B-Ball - I am so proud of you and all your new mad skills! What a fun interview. (Tell Mr. Baseball to take a hike for a moment - but he really made me laugh!)

And my goodness!!! That Cozette Gangsta is killing me!!!

Mary-Faith said...

I was told on the phone about the suicide runs....they sound stinky.

Homey C looks very cute!!!

Nikki said...

I do love you when you do interviews--they are so hilarious. I love going to Kayleigh's games and watching her b-ball skillz! That photo of Cozette is my new favorite, fo sho! She looks like such a little thug--love it!