Monday, January 26, 2009

Say Cheese

"Cozette, please say cheese!"


We are constantly goading Cozette to say something or to do something cute for us. She never tires of it, and is eager to please us just like a little performing seal. We all agree that life was boring before she arrived.

Cozette is starting to say a few words. Her favorite is, "Night Night." She says it clear as a bell as she waves to Brad before I take her to bed. Cozette falls asleep every night in my arms. We have our favorite lullabies that I sing to her; Cozette's favorite is, "Chin-up- Chin-up," from the animated version of Charlotte's Web. She can't say the words yet, but she can hum the chorus of the song perfectly. Sometimes, while I am trying to introduce her to new songs, she will interrupt me by humming that chorus.

"Papa" is the other word Cozette speaks perfectly.

And I finally got her to say cheese!

Cozette will say, "Ch-ss," as she pops a cubed piece in her mouth. Then she'll applaud for herself and start to laugh.

She is also discovering all of the animal sounds and can point to each animal when I ask her to. Her favorite animal sounds are, "Quack- Quack and Meow."

Kayleigh gave Cozette a new nickname and I am not sure if I like it:

Cozilla!

One can assume why Kayleigh calls her that. I do believe that Cozette could give Godzilla a run for his money. Cozette can't make messes fast enough. It's like she becomes frenzied if she is not making a mess.

The scariest sound of the day is Cozette's silence.

I usually know to run as fast as I can to the living room. There I will find her, quiet as a little mouse eating my lipstick with it all over her face and the carpet. She also likes to put my mascara on, and her favorite is putting her hand in the jar of Vaseline. She pulls all of the pots and pans out of the cabinets. Our favorite is when she climbs on top of the kitchen table and does a little jig. We love to watch her dance to the beat of the music.

Mommom told me this morning that she and Papa were discussing how cute and petite they think Cozette is.

Mommom said she had to quote Papa,"Yes, little Cozilla is so darling!" I think I may send her over to their house this week, so she can work her magic!

Sometimes Cozette is a little E-E-E, that's code for naughty.

I hate to admit it, but it's true.

She has started to hit us.

Brad and Kayleigh get the brunt of it. She does not respond very well if are firm with her. So, we decided to use a little baby psychology, since we are trying to out smart her!

Instead of saying, "NO Cozette!" with a firm voice (which always makes her laugh and strike again) we will say in a very easy voice, "gentle and tender, Cozette." She will usually caress our face very softly with her little hand and then follow it up with a scratch to the face.

We really do try not to laugh.

We are working on it.

Truthfully, I believe that Cozette is working on us!

3 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

This is hysterical! I love all that you write about Cozette. I still love the code phrase E-E-E. I use it sometimes with Kirk.

Rachel said...

This is such a cute post Jeannie! I love Cozilla!!

Meredith said...

I can't believe I missed this post! Caroline and I were just reading blogs together and saw Cozilla. That girl...I am fear Kate was watching and keeping very close notes during our visit.