Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I Have Not Forgotten You

My nephew Elijah Frederick Sorensen
March 15, 2007 - June 30, 2007



Written March 15, 2009:


Dear Elijah,

As we offer our daily prayers, we still express our gratitude for you. Kayleigh and Everett faithfully give thanks for knowing and loving you for the short time you were on earth.

For, we have not forgotten you.

Your time with us was brief, but you left an indelible impression upon our hearts; an impression of love that has been a healing balm even in my darkest hour of grief. The Savior promised us that He would not leave us comfortless. I have found refuge in his words, and my faith in Him has increased as I look forward, with hope, to being with you once again.

Because of you, my understanding of the atonement has deepened. I have been blessed with my own special witness that Jesus loves me. I am grateful that I am filled with faith and understanding that there is a greater work for you on the other side of the veil.

I miss you, my precious Elijah, but I know that you are busy on the Lord's errand teaching our family the gospel.


Your little life was a gift to us, and with your passing, an opportunity to find the gifts that have since been granted.

I am grateful for the gift of hope and knowing that the Savior's promises to us are real. I know that I will be with you again.


Oh, what a grand day that will be.


3 comments:

Little Dickens Designs said...

I am so very sorry to hear of your nephew's passing. How heartbreaking. He's a sweet angel.

Unknown said...

Jeannie--I'm crying even as I write this note to you. I loved what you wrote and it rang so true for me too. I've thinking so much about Elijah lately and what an amazing little spirit he is. It's so incredible that he had such a remarkable influence on those that knew him in such a short time. Thank you for this entry. I love you and miss you tons! Can't wait to see you again someday ;D

Natalie said...

This is a beautiful post and I am so glad to read your thoughts on this day. You titled it so perfectly. Sweet Elijah, definitely not forgotten.