Thursday, June 25, 2009

Look Who's 40!



I sincerely try not to be a biased person, but when it comes to Brad, I am biased. I truly believe he is the most wonderful person in the world.

Here are 40 reasons why:

40. He makes the world's best sandwich.
39. He is perfectly honest in all things.
38. He stops to help anyone who is stranded on the side of the road.
37. He has never yelled at me.
36. He watches I Love Lucy re-runs.
35. He would never go hunting.
34. He always comes home happy at the end of the day.
33. He has never complained about my cooking, even when I make brownies for dinner.
32. He doesn't place value on his opinions and keeps them to himself.
31. He is a man of few words.
30. He has a pure heart.
29. He is an athlete elite.
28. He has a quiet faith that sustains us all.
27. He is a generous tipper.
26. He scratches my back for hours at a time, without complaining.
25. He always assumes he is cleaning the kitchen after dinner. ( I do not always let him)!
24. He was never afraid of dirty diapers.
23. He has three children who adore the ground he walks on.
22. Everyone likes Brad. A friend told me years ago, that if anyone ever said they didn't like Brad Simpson, you would immediately know they had a serious problem.
21. He has a quiet sense of humor.
20. He makes a "mean" hamburger on the grill.
19. He always has time for me to call him during the day.
18. He can laugh at himself but never at others.
17. He reminds me of Snoopy.
16. He never complains.
15. He has a tender heart.
14. He would never laugh at a crude joke.
13. I have NEVER heard him use profanity of any kind...even acceptable slang.
12. He is not afraid of hard work.
11. He honors his parents.
10. He dances with me after dinner.
9. He makes everything in life more fun.
8. He spends hours with his children playing with them.
7. He is my best friend.
6. I am a better person for loving him.
5. He lets me choose his clothes...for the most part.
4. He is a man of integrity.
3. He runs to the store at all hours of the night getting me whatever I want.
2. He supports me in everything I do.
1. He is my ONE TRUE LOVE.


Happy Birthday, Brad.

I love you.

3 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

This is just about the best post I have ever read. Brad is every good thing you said about him and even more. He is kind, thoughtful, sincere, and fun. Happy birthday, Brad!

Jeannie, you are soooooooo funny.

Nikki said...

Oh, this is just fantastic. Brad is all of these things and more. My favorite was #33.

Meredith said...

Happy birthday Brad...I am with Nikki...#33...classic! I feel privileged to call Brad my brother (in law) and am glad a bit of him rubbed off on his little brother!