Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Suessical Musical



Due to Cozette
making the sudden decision to join the cast of Suessical and perform on stage, I missed about 25 minutes of the musical, because I had to take her out. Chasing Cozette through the halls of Grayson High School was a lovely experience for me.

Luckily for me, there were two performances this weekend. I sat through the second performance all by myself--Cozette free.

While driving home on Friday evening, I decided to ask Brad if he understood the plot to the musical.

"Well...they talked about Dr. Suess and they put Horton on trial for something." Brad was grasping to come with an answer.

"You know, I really don't know."
He admitted.

We all burst into laughter.

So, Everett tried to explain the plot.

"I know what it is about. Horton finds a clover and he thinks there's a little world on the clover. And then a vampire looking dude comes in and steals the flower."

Kayleigh speaks up, and I could hear how exasperated she is.

"Didn't any of you pay attention? Daddy, no one ever talked about Dr. Suess!"

"Well, I missed 25 minutes of it, so I was not sure." I tried to comfort her.

"Horton thinks he hears the Who's on a spec of dust on a clover. No one believes him, except for Gertrude McFuzz who likes Horton. She's afraid that he won't like her because she only has a one feathered tail. Horton is put on trial. In the end everyone can hear the Who's on the spec of dust on the clover and Horton is found: Not guilty."

The End.



p.s.The second performance was a delightful treat. I am thrilled that Kayleigh had the opportunity to participate in such a wonderful experience. I told her that now she can officially say she has performed in a musical on the big stage. That put a very big smile on her face!

And yes, I understood the plot!


3 comments:

Meredith said...

Oh, what a great experience for all of you! Poor dads that have, I mean, get to sit thru things like plays and musicals and recitals! LOL! They are such troopers. Kayleigh, my first musical was Alice in Wonderland in 9th grade (junior High for me was 7-8-9 grade) and I was the Do Do Bird. It was fantastic. Then I went on to the chorus in Oliver, The Fiddler on the Roof, and West Side Story. I was in about a gazillion other plays in addition to these musicals. I loved theatre. It was the best experience for me.

Quincy Sorensen said...

Kayleigh, this is so fun! I was glad to hear the happiness in your voice when you told me about the first performance. No doubt, the monkey was the STAR of the show! I bet you will go on to perform in many other musicals and plays. I hope we can watch the next one! I am proud of you, Bug!

Betsy Baugh said...

Great job, Kayleigh. It sounds like you had a great time. I love performing on stage too. It's the only time I can be completely silly and blame it on someone else. "It's part of the Play!" I'm glad you had a good time with it.