Tuesday, May 26, 2009

You Little Goose

The Goose family.
There are five gosling.
One is behind the goose in the shade.


Have I mentioned that I've been a little worried about my fine feathered friends? Mr. and Mrs. Goose are true blue when it comes to strutting down the street together. I always look forward to seeing them when I return home from running my errands. For the past week or so, we have only been seeing one goose. In the back of my mind, I hoped that everything was OK, but I feared the worst.

To be honest, I really didn't know that one goose was a "he" and the other goose a "she." But, they were always together, so I assumed that they were a couple of love birds.

As I was about to get in the van today, Everett came running and screaming with excitement.

"Look at the baby geese! The geese have baby geese!"

I could not believe my eyes when I spied a family of geese in our neighbor's yard.

I knew it!

Mr. and Mrs. Goose ARE love birds. They are also the proud parents of five gosling.

Mrs. Goose, we sure are glad you're back.

And may I add that you look fabulous for just hatching five little gosling!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

This is too precious!

Meredith said...

What fun! I remember enjoying the ducklings that always hatched every spring at the lake and park across from my grandma's house. Almost every year one of them nested in her yard and we loved to spy on the mama and her nest. What a great reminder of love!

Quincy Sorensen said...

This goose family is ADORABLE!