Thursday, February 4, 2010

At Uncles

Cozette kindly agreed to take her pacie out to smile for the camera.


Going to the Chicky-fil-a, as Cozette calls it, is always a special treat. It's even more fun when Mommom and Papa take you there. Cozette recently spent the afternoon with them and came home with a little surprise.

"Cozette, where did you get that cute little monkey?" Her Daddy asked her.

"At Uncles." She answered.

He did not understand her, so he asked her again. "Where did you get it?"

"At Uncles!" She answered for the second time.

I was in the other room and overheard them. Brad and I discussed that she was telling us where she got the little monkey, but clearly we didn't understand her.

I asked Cozette later where she got her cute monkey, hoping to understand her.

"At Uncles!" She answered for the third time.

The day got busy with preparations for having the missionaries over for dinner and Family Home Evening, and I forgot to call my Mom to ask her where Cozette got the monkey.

The following morning, I called home to tell her about Cozette's attachment to the monkey and to find out where it came from.

Nikki answered the phone and I related everything to her. Nikki asked Mom where they bought the monkey.

"Well, they had to run a few errands after they had lunch and Mom ran in to Michaels and found it there," Nikki reported.

When Nikki told Mom what Cozette had been telling us, I heard her burst out laughing and she came to the phone. After we spoke for a few minutes and discussed how cute Cozette is, I hung up and had a conversation with Cozette.

"Cozette, Mommom told me that she bought your monkey at Michaels." I said to let her know that we finally understood.

"Yes, at Uncles," Cozette agreed.

I'm glad that's finally settled!

And in case you're wondering, Cozette named the monkey, "Ooh-Ooh-Ahh-Ahh."


Cozette is modeling the Valentine's crown she made at story time today at the library.


3 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

One cute monkey deserves another! She is the CUTEST little thing in the world! And, may I add, not so little anymore?

Natalie said...

Jeannie, I have to agree with Q, that Cozette could not be any CUTER! What an adorable little girl. And it sounds like she has an adorable personality to match.

Also, I am so impressed to read all about your running. Good for you! :)

Meredith said...

I now will forever call going to the craft store going to "Uncle Michael's!" Love her crown!