Saturday, February 13, 2010

Wonderland



We asked for it. We got it. It started snowing yesterday around 1 pm and it didn't stop until last night around 9 pm. Kayleigh and Everett arrived home from school with the same excitement that is felt on Christmas morning. There is something magical about snow. It brings out the children in all of us.

I must be truthful though.

I did not go outside this year.

I had planned to. This year's snow was the wettest in history. It was bitter cold outside. I guess I was just too wimpy.








Everett reluctantly agreed to let me post this picture. He had been playing outside for hours. I was horrified when he came in dripping wet and freezing. I tried to find him more warm clothes that were also water proof. He was very grateful to wear my ski bib. I told him to put an Under Armour over it and sweatshirt and no one would ever know that he was wearing his Mama's ski clothes...


5 comments:

Susan said...

It's so exciting that ya'll got snow! It looks like the kids had so much fun. I think snow is magical too until you have to live in it, then not so much.

Quincy Sorensen said...

I especially love the picture of Everett!

Meredith said...

I LOVE this picture!! Will you please thank him personally for this? The snow is so pretty. I do miss living in it. For a moment. Then I remember the reality.

Natalie said...

I have heard on the news and from Quincy that you were getting snow. These are very fun snow pictures.

I also enjoyed reading your adorable love letters.

Unknown said...

Wan't it amazing!! Texas had the most snow since like 1970 or something! We had so much fun and it looks like you guys did too ;D Hooray!