Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Birthday Boy



This is not the birthday boy. Everett was so excited on Brad's birthday, that I had to check with Nikki to see what she fed him for dinner. He thought he was quite amusing jumping in front of the camera just before our picture was being taken. I tried telling him to stop several times, but it was difficult since he was making us laugh. When Everett saw this picture of himself, he told me he liked it so much that I should make it my screen saver.



Notice the expression on Everett's face. We could not get him to settle down.

Kayleigh and Everett sang a special song to Brad. She had worked very hard creating a song about their Daddy to the tune of Don't Stop Believin' by Journey. We tried to film them, but they were being so silly while singing, that we had to start over several times. They never did make it through the song with out laughing.




 It pains me to admit that I did not make his birthday cake. 
Brad said that he wanted an ice cream cake.
It was not very good.


The other day, Brad asked me if I had ever heard of Wimbeldon.

Really, he did.

I pondered whether or not we had never discussed this subject in the almost 17 years I have known him. We have had so many sports discussions. I have learned so much from him. Brad told me that he only wanted to tell me about that 10 hour tennis match.

We laughed about it later. 

It makes me wonder what else we do not know about each other.

I hope we have many more birthdays together, so we can find out.


3 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

The next time I see Brad I am going to make it my mission to capture his big laughing smile on camera. It won't be hard because Brad is just about the most congenial, easy-to-like person I know! And Everett . . . takes the cake (like my pun?)! He really is SO CUTE! How are your kids getting SO BIG!

Meredith said...

Happy Birthday Uncle Brad!! I am so sorry the ice cream cake was disappointing. Everett, you are a goon! Steve told me about the 10 hour tennis match too. :)

Betsy Baugh said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRAD! We love you and your wife and especially your super silly kids.