Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Curly or Straight?



One of Kayleigh's favorite things to do is straightening hair with her flat iron. Her cousin, Mary-Faith, has been Kayleigh's most faithful and agreeable subject. We always ooh and ahh at Mary-faith's perfectly straight hair when Kayleigh is finished. The first time Kayleigh straightened her hair, I was quite amused at Barbara's reaction.

Her eyes just about popped out of her head.

Mary-Faith was striking with her hair a few inches longer, but she also looked a few years older.

This can be very shocking to a parent.

Kayleigh's latest subject was Cozette. Last night, Kayleigh announced that she was going to straighten Cozette's hair, and before I could answer, they were off to Kayleigh's bathroom.

Here is the result of them playing beauty parlor:





When Kayleigh was done, she and Cozette waltzed into my bedroom.

Cozette screamed with excitement, "Look, Mommy!" with a pacifier hanging from her mouth.

My eyes popped out of my head.

It seemed like I was looking at a 14 year old with a pacifier in her mouth.

I did not like it one bit!




I like curly better!

For now.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

This is TOOOO much!! She was patient to do get thru it? I can barely get Kate to let me do a couple of pony tails! What a transformation - yes, Cozette is complete with her bouncy ringlets, for sure.

Quincy Sorensen said...

I am laughing my head off. Oh, that little girl is CUTE! Zoe just looked at her picture and exclaimed, "Cozette looks like she is four or five!" I love the image of the pacifier hanging out of her mouth. Tell Kayleigh I would like for her teach me! LOVE THOSE GIRLS!

Natalie said...

Curly or straight, that little Cozette is a doll!