Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Back to School Eve


We decided as a family to make the eve before school started as fun as possible. The agenda was the following:

Kayleigh and Everett were to submit their goals for the school year.

Receive a blessing from their Dad.

Play hide-and-go-seek tag downstairs.

Watch two episodes of Bewitched.

We had a grand time!

Modeling her lunch box!

Kayleigh's goals for the 7th grade:


1. Earn all A's.

2. Make good friends. Be a good example at all times.

3. Try to be more organized.

4. Practice my piano every day.

5. Work harder on my Personal Progress.

Tres chic!


Kayleigh and Everett no longer see each other in the mornings. It is a sad reality of them attending different schools.


Wearing Under Armour on the first day of school is mandatory!

Everett's goals for the 5th grade:

1. Improve on my catching for baseball.

2. Memorize all of the Articles of Faith.

3. Be a good friend to every one.

4. Read more books.

5. Make all A's.


Everett was nonchalant about his last goal. I decided to call him on it.

"How are you going to earn all A's? I wanted to know.

"Well, I am going to study for 10 minutes a day." He boldly declared with a sly smile !

We both burst into laughter.

"I can assure you that you will not make all A's by studying only 10 minutes a day!" I promised him.

"Yeah...Yeah, I know. I was just teasing. I will study longer than that!"


Trying not to smile.


Cozette and I are very lonely with out them!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

I adore the lunch box - super fun Kayleigh! And Bobby, love the new under armor - perfect! Those are great goals all around - I love the personal progess goal for YW and of course a baseball goal for Mr. Baseball. Sounds like you had a fun back to school eve - it is a fun tradition!!!

Quincy Sorensen said...

I was so tickled when I called you in the middle of watching "Bewitched." Now that is one fun mom, I thought. These pictures of Kayleigh and Everett are really great. They just seem so big. It makes me a little sad.